Texas DMV Mailing Address
Texas DMV Mailing Address is, Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (TxDMV), 4000 Jackson Avenue, Austin, Texas 78731.
Texas DMV Phone Support
- Toll-Free: 1 (888) 368-4689/ 1 (888) DMV-GOTX
- Local (Austin): (512) 465-3000
- Fax: (512) 465-4129
Business hours are Monday through Friday, 8AM – 5PM (Central Time). Due to the large number of calls received, you may experience longer than average hold times during certain hours. Their busiest times during the week are Mondays, Tuesdays, and daily 11AM to 2PM. Customers calling outside these times may experience shorter hold times. You may also contact them online.
Texas DMV Dealer Contacts
- Dealer Licensing Receptionist: (512) 465-4029
- eTAG Helpline: (512) 465-4010
- Licensing/Salvage Information:(888) 368-4689 or (512) 465-3000
Texas DMV Law Enforcement Contacts
- Law Enforcement Assistance Team: (512) 465-1243
- Advertising: (512) 465-4147
- Dealer Enforcement/Training: (888) 368-4689 or (512) 465-3000
- Enforcement Division Administrative Staff: (512) 465-4204
- Lemon Law: (888) 368-4689 or (512) 465-3000
- Motor Vehicle Investigations: (512) 465-4205/ (512) 465-5651
- Motor Carrier Investigations: (512) 465-1350 / (512) 465-5652
- Motor Carrier Enforcement/Training: (512) 465-1350/ (512) 465-5652
What is the DMV for Texas?
The Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (TxDMV) is a dynamic state agency dedicated to customer service, consumer protection and the success of motor vehicle-related industries.
Is Texas DMV or DPS?
TxDMV does not issue or renew the Texas driver license. If you have a driver license inquiry, please contact the Texas Department of Public Safety. You may request government records under the Texas Public Information Act (Texas Government Code, Chapter 552).
What do Texans call DMV?
The Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (TxDMV) is the entity responsible for registering and titling motor vehicles and issuing license plates, licensing motor vehicle dealers and salvage dealers, issuing permits to transport oversize/overweight cargos and motor carrier credentials, enhancing information technology
Source: Texas DMV