Patrick Leahy Office Locations, Phone Number and Email details and information have been provided here. Patrick Leahy was elected to the United States Senate in 1974 and remains the only Democrat elected to this office from Vermont. At 34, he was the youngest U.S. Senator ever to be elected from the Green Mountain State.
Leahy’s Judiciary Committee investigation into the mass firings of U.S. Attorneys and of White House attempts to exert political influence over the Justice Department led to the resignation of Attorney General Alberto Gonzales and the Department’s entire top rank of political appointees in 2008.
Patrick Leahy Office Locations, Phone Number and Email
Washington D.C. Office
437 Russell Senate Bldg
United States Senate
Washington, DC 20510
Phone: (202) 224-4242
87 State Street, Room 338
Montpelier, VT 05602
Phone: (802) 229-0569
199 Main Street, 4th Floor
Burlington, VT 05401
Phone: (802) 863-2525
Official Portal: https://www.leahy.senate.gov/about
Appropriations (Ranking Member)
- State, Foreign Operations, and Related Agencies
- Commerce, Justice, Science and Related Agencies
- Interior, Environment and Related Agencies
- Homeland Security
- Administrative Oversight and the Courts
- Immigration, Refugees and Border Security
- The Constitution, Civil Rights and Human Rights
Agriculture, Nutrition & Forestry
- Livestock, Dairy, Poultry, Marketing and Agriculture Security
- Conservation, Forestry and Natural Resources
- Nutrition, Specialty Crops, Food and Agriculture Research
Rules & Administration
About Personal Life
Patrick Leahy has been married to Marcelle Pomerleau Leahy since 1962. They have a daughter, two sons, and five grandchildren. The Leahys live on a tree farm in Middlesex, Vermont.
How old is Patrick Leahy?
- 79 years (31 March 1940), Patrick Leahy/Age
What party is Patrick Leahy?
- Democratic Party, Patrick Leahy/Parties
After taking office in 1975, Leahy earned a reputation as a liberal, though his voting record was often moderate. He assumed a leadership role in health insurance reform and in the push for marriage equality.
Promoting Vermont Brand and Products
Patrick Leahy brings Vermont ideas to the national stage. He is the father of the national organic standards and labeling program, which he forged with Vermont’s farmers at a time when Vermont organic agriculture was a fledgling sector. Since Leahy’s organic farm bill was enacted, organic agriculture has blossomed into a $30 billion market.