NJ DMV Mailing Address For Registration Renewal
NJ DMV Mailing Address For Registration Renewal is, New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission, P.O. Box 160, Trenton, NJ 08666.
NJ DMV Phone Number
- Phone: (609) 292-6500
- If you are deaf or hard of hearing, please use 7-1-1 NJ Relay
You will receive a registration renewal notice in the mail three months before your current registration expires. There are three ways to renew your annual vehicle registration: If you qualify for online renewal of your registration you MUST renew online, this is the link: https://mymvc.state.nj.us/reg-renewal/
Same-Day Online Renewal: You can renew your registration online, this is the link: https://mymvc.state.nj.us/reg-renewal/. Once you have completed the process, your registration renewal is effective immediately. Check the List of eligible codes for online renewal
Contact Number for Renewal
If you have not received documents after three weeks, please call the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission. Use the ‘Contact Us’ link at NJMVC.gov or their call center at 609-292-6500.
If you are ineligible to renew online, follow this link: https://telegov.njportal.com/njmvc/AppointmentWizard, you must make an appointment to renew your registration.
What to bring to the agency?
- Registration Renewal Notice or Vehicle Identification Number
- Your insurance card or company name and policy number
- License plate number
- Proof of ID (Driver license or other primary ID document. See 6 Points of ID for more information). Read more about the 6 Points of ID.
- Power of Attorney if renewing a registration for someone else
- The amount due indicated in your renewal notice. You can pay by cash, money order, checks (payable to NJMVC), credit or debit card
- Completed Application for Vehicle Registration (Form BA-49)
- Schedule an Appointment
Lost your renewal notice?
If you lost your renewal notice and PIN, and you are still within your renewal time window, you will still be able to renew your registration online, here is the link: https://mymvc.state.nj.us/reg-renewal/. – Just click on “Help! I lost my PIN!” and you can request a new PIN.
What if I need to change my address information?
The state must have your correct and current mailing address on file to ensure you receive your registration documents. You must update your mailing address found on your registration renewal form prior to renewing your registration. Use the convenient “Change Address” button found inside this application. The mailing address may not be changed for leased vehicles.
Source: NJ DMV