Where is IRS Head Office located?
The main office location is listed here: 1111 Constitution Ave., NW, Washington, DC 20224.
What does IRS stand for?
Internal Revenue Service The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) administers and enforces U.S. federal tax laws.
What is the Internal Revenue Service?
Key Takeaways Founded in 1862, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is a U.S. federal agency responsible for the collection of taxes and enforcement of tax laws. Most of the work of the IRS involves income taxes, both corporate and individual; it processed nearly 141 million tax returns in 2018. Nearly 90% of tax returns are filed electronically.
How to contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)?
Internal Revenue Service. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) administers and enforces U.S. federal tax laws. Agency Details Acronym: IRS. Website: Internal Revenue Service (IRS) … Main Address: 1111 Constitution Ave., NW Washington, DC 20224. Phone Number: 1-202-622-5000. Toll Free: 1-800-829-1040. TTY: 1-800-829-4059. Forms: Internal Revenue …
What is the Mailing Addresses for Individual Income Tax Payments (IRS Form 1040-V)?
- If you live in Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, or Texas: Internal Revenue Service, P.O. Box 1214, Charlotte, NC 28201-1214.
- If you live in Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, or Wyoming: Internal Revenue Service, P.O. Box 7704, San Francisco, CA 94120-7704.
- If you live in Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, or Wisconsin: Internal Revenue Service, P.O. Box 802501, Cincinnati, OH 45280-2501.
- If you live in Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, New Jersey, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, or Virginia: Internal Revenue Service, P.O. Box 931000, Louisville, KY 40293-1000.
- If you live in Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, Missouri, New Hampshire, New York, or Vermont: Internal Revenue Service, P.O. Box 37008, Hartford, CT 06176-7008.
- If you live in Connecticut, District of Columbia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, or West Virginia: Internal Revenue Service, P.O. Box 37910, Hartford, CT 06176-7910.
- If you live in a foreign country, American Samoa, or Puerto Rico (or are excluding income under Internal Revenue Code 933), or use an APO or FPO address, or file Form 2555, 2555-EZ, or 4563, or are a dual-status alien or nonpermanent resident of Guam or the U.S. Virgin Islands: Internal Revenue Service, P.O. Box 1303, Charlotte, NC 28201-1303, USA.
How to contact an International IRS Service?
If you are a taxpayer with specific individual or business account questions you should contact the International Taxpayer Service Call Center by phone or fax. The International Call Center is operational Monday through Friday, from:
6 a.m. to 8 p.m. (Eastern time) for tax law questions
6 a.m. to 11 p.m. (Eastern time) for all other questions
- Tel: 267-941-1000 (not toll-free)
- Fax: 681-247-3101 (for international tax account issues only)
How to find International IRS Service Address?
If you are a tax professional or software provider calling about an e-file issue and it is not account related, please contact the e-help office in Austin at 512-416-7750 (not toll-free). Assistors are available Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Central time).
Taxpayer service, formerly offered at the foreign posts of duty, is no longer available. Please send your tax forms and correspondence to the applicable address indicated below.
Individual taxpayers located outside the U.S. may also contact the IRS by mail at: Internal Revenue Service, International Accounts, Philadelphia, PA 19255-0725
Business taxpayers located outside the U.S. may also contact the IRS by mail at: Internal Revenue Service. International Accounts, Ogden, UT 84201-0038
Residents of Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands may contact the IRS toll free at 800-829-1040. (Hours of Operation are 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday – Friday). For face-to-face assistance information in Puerto Rico refer to Contact Your Local IRS Office.
What is the main purpose of the IRS?
Established in 1862 by President Abraham Lincoln, the agency operates under the authority of the United States Department of the Treasury, and its primary purpose includes the collection of individual income taxes and employment taxes. The IRS also handles corporate, gift, excise and estate taxes.
Why was the IRS created?
The IRS was created based on this legislative grant. Section 7803 of the Internal Revenue Code provides for the appointment of a commissioner of Internal Revenue to administer and supervise the execution and application of the internal revenue laws.
What is the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)?
The IRS is a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and one of the world’s most efficient tax administrators.
How is the IRS organized?
The IRS is organized to carry out the responsibilities of the secretary of the Treasury under section 7801 of the Internal Revenue Code. The secretary has full authority to administer and enforce the internal revenue laws and has the power to create an agency to enforce these laws. The IRS was created based on this legislative grant.
What is the Internal Revenue Service Advisory Council?
The Internal Revenue Service Advisory Council (IRSAC) conveys the public’s perception of IRS’ activities. The IRSAC provides an organized public forum for IRS officials and representatives of the public to discuss relevant tax administration issues.