Albany DMV Mailing Address
Albany DMV Mailing Address is, 855 Central Avenue, Albany NY 12206.
Lemon Law Complaints
The DMV investigates complaints against dealers, repair shops, and inspection stations. The DMV does not investigate complaints under the NY State “Lemon Laws.” The New York State Lemon Laws provide a legal remedy for consumers who are buyers or lessees of qualifying new and used cars that do not conform to the terms of their written warranties and remain defective beyond a reasonable number of repair attempts. If you have a “Lemon Law” complaint, call the Office of the NY State Attorney General at 1-800-771-7755 (1-800-788-9898 for the hard of hearing).
DMV Call Center Representative Contacts
DMV Call Center Representatives are available for general assistance on weekdays (except state holidays) between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. (Eastern Time).
- General Telephone Assistance (DMV Call Centers): 1-518-486-9786 or 1-800-698-2931
- Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD): 711 or 1-800-662-1220 (have the relay operator dial 1-518-486-9786)
- Get Language Assistance During Normal Business Hours. Please call at 1-518-486-9786 for free language assistance services (press 9)
Salvage Vehicles Support
- Salvage exam scheduling and transport permits, Call: 1-518-486-6560
- Salvage paperwork and salvage titles, Call: 1-518-473-0399, Tuesdays – Wednesdays 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Schedule a Road Test, Call: 1-518-402-2100, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Title Services Bureau, Call: 1-518-486-4714, 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. weekdays (except state holidays)
- Traffic Violations Bureau (TVB) New York City, Call: 1- 718-488-5710, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. weekdays (except state holidays)
Insurance Services Bureau Assistance Phone Number
8:30 a.m. – 4:15 p.m. weekdays (except state holidays)
Personalized and Custom Plates Assistance Phone Number
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday – Thursday (except state holidays)
Refund/Credit Card Assistance Phone Number
9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. weekdays (except state holidays)
Bad Check Assistance Phone Number
518-474-5766, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. weekdays (except state holidays)
Clean Pass Vehicles Assistance Phone Number
1-518-486-9786, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. weekdays (except state holidays)
Division of Safety and Business Hearings Assistance Phone Number
1-518-474-1509, 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. weekdays (except state holidays)
Source: Albany DMV